What to do immediately following a Motor Accident.
- In the case of a major accident, call the police immediately!
- Mark the position of the vehicles at the point of impact and use your cell to take photos from various angles.
- If there are no serious personal injuries, remove your vehicle to the side of the road if possible to allow the free passage of traffic .
Exchange the following information with the other party involved:
• Driving permit number
• Insurance certificate of the vehicle.
Take down the following information from the Certificate(s) of Insurance:
• Insurance Company of other party
• Policy/Certificate Number(s)
• Name(s) of Owner(s) of the vehicle(s)
• Period of Insurance (and expiry date)
• Any other information in respect of the names of persons permitted to drive.If possible, obtain the names, addresses and telephone contact numbers of any witnesses in any other vehicle/vehicles and any other independent witnesses to the accident.
DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY. It is a condition of your Policy that you do not accept liability for the accident. You should therefore comply with the terms of the insurance policy.
- Secure your vehicle and do not leave it unattended.
- Call for a tow vehicle if your vehicle cannot be driven and have it taken to a garage, safe place or your home.
- Report the accident to the nearest Police Station and ensure that it is properly recorded in the Station Diary.
- Provide a full account of the accident and the names of witnesses and ensure that the police officer has taken the information
Read the statement for accuracy.
- Take note of the police officer’s nameand badge number.
For more information, please follow the link: http://www.national-financial-